Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Happy Campers

I'm a big fan of baby-wearing, it's my favorite part of having a baby by far. I love my homemade ring sling in the States, so when I saw how African babes always rode on their mommas back, I wanted to try it out. I had Anna help me get Charlie tied up and felt pretty African. But I didn't get it quite right; I kept feeling Charlie would fall right on his dome. So I asked Anna if she wanted to carry him instead. We were headed to market for my first experience, and I knew it would be overstimulation even without a squirmy baby on my back who felt like he was falling (I hate to shop - it gives me anxiety). She happily agreed, and Charlie fell right asleep and stayed that way for over an hour. They were both happy campers.



Moriah stayed back at the rehab center to play with friends while we were gone. She got to help in a burn patient's therapy. The occupational therapist has been working with this little girl for over a year.




It may look like Moriah is facing away from the camera with her arms freakishly in back of her, but that's just the way she likes to wear her hat... really far down on her forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment